ΟLYMPIACOS focuses a great deal on the operation and development of the Football Academy and Schools of Football that have been established both in Greece and abroad.
The philosophy governing the Academy’s Competitive Teams has the following goals:
• To form the character and competitive behaviour of young players based on the ‘fair play’ principle as well as the values of the sport and the Club.
• To cooperate with the coaches of the OLYMPIACOS professional team with a view to adopting a single playing method with basic characteristics that will apply in all Sections.
• To promote young talented football players that will have the necessary skills and character to play in the OLYMPIACOS professional team.
• To train and mentor high quality players that will be able to compete both in the Super League and the other national championships as well as at European level.
The Academy’s Competitive teams and the competitions they take part in are as follows:
Competitive Teams Competition
U-20 Superleague U-20 Championship/ UEFA Youth League
U-17 Superleague U-17 Championship
U-16 Participation in tournaments with Professional Football Clubs
U-15 Superleague U-15 Championship
U-14 Participation in tournaments with Professional Football Clubs
U-13 Participation in tournaments with Professional Football Clubs
U-12 Participation in tournaments with Professional Football Clubs
U-11 Participation in tournaments with Professional Football Clubs
U-10 Friendly matches
U-9 Friendly matches
U-8 Friendly matches
Apart from the Football Academy Competitive Teams, in 2000, OLYMPIACOS set up an ever-increasing network of over 40 Schools of Football all over Greece, Cyprus and USA.
The philosophy governing the operation of the associated Schools of Football is the following:
• The proper sports and social education of the young athletes in conformity with the values and principles of OLYMPIACOS.
• The training of the Schools’ executives in accordance with the Academy’s operational standards
• The provision of adequate information and support to parents who have a very important role in the formation of the young athletes’ personality
The purpose of this network is not solely competitive and commercial but also social, giving children of young age the opportunity to get to know football and sports in general. That’s how they can acquire the necessary knowledge and accurate sports culture that will help them take part in various social activities thus contributing to the social whole as active citizens.
Unification of the Academy and the Football academy
Since 2011, the Management of OLYMPIACOS F.C. unified the organization and operation of the Academy and the network of Schools of Football.
Aim of the unification:
• To upgrade the cooperation of the networks of the Schools of Football with the Academy
• To develop and adopt a single vision and operation philosophy
• To apply a single education, training, monitoring and evaluation system for the Academy and the Schools of Football
• To upgrade the network of Schools from a sports, commercial and social point of view
• To detect, evaluate and promote the young talented football players in Greece and abroad.
Academy Tel.: 0030-210-3477765