10th March 1925: the day that the club which became a legend in Hellenic Football and the Hellenic Sports-world in general was founded. A club capable of combining effort and ethics with the Olympic spirit, and of reflecting the emotions of the people who lived near the country’s largest port - an area of traders, workers, people from the islands, sailors and emigrants from Asia Minor.
The aviator Notis Kamberos proposed the name “OLYMPIACOS” and Michalis Manouskos completed it to “OLYMPIACOS FAN CLUB OF PIRAEUS”. Red and white were the colours of the new team; red for passion and white for purity; and the team’s emblem was a young man wearing the laurels of victory: the eternal champion.
Michalis Manouskos was OLYMPIACOS’s first president and Notis Kamberos the club’s first Vice President. This year's squad is made up of the following players: